Archives for Couch in Crisis
Funding for mental health services has never achieved top legislative priority, and reforms requiring parity succeeded only after years of hard-fought battles. After the 2007 brush with economic collapse,...
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Study Aims for Sweet Spot of Teens’ Screen Time
- Depression + Health Issues = Problem Drinking in Older Adults
- Cardio in Old Age May Boost Brain Health
- Anxiety Over Prostate Cancer Diagnosis May Lead to Over-treatment
- Quitting, Cutting Back on Cocaine May Reverse Coronary Artery Disease
- Kids may Put On More Weight When Parents See Them as Overweight
A therapist forgets about a patient’s appointment. She becomes abnormally angry, unusually forgiving, atypically bored, or excessively voyeuristic. What is going on?
Alcohol has had a long and checkered history in human affairs. Dating back millennia to ancient Egypt, its consumption has been associated with sacredness as well as frivolity. And...
Anyone who has written blogs or published articles online knows that the Internet is the new “Wild West,” so far as etiquette is concerned. As a physician who has...