Archives for Electroconvulsive Therapy
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Back Pain Patients Worry About Stigma of Taking Opioids
- Childhood Trauma Affects Development, Physical Health
- Weight Discrimination May Worsen Health Risks
- Pediatricians Warn Against Digital Media As Soothing Tool for Young Kids
- Many Young Athletes Return to Play After Concussion Despite Risk
- Focus on Eating Pleasure Can Lead to Smaller Portions
Whether you do ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) or not, and research indicates that less than 8% of you actually perform it (Hermann et al, Am J Psychiatry 1998; 155:889-894), you...
Many articles about electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) begin with a statement about ECT’s stature as the most effective treatment for serious depression1; the statement is a reminder to the reader...
The recommendations of the FDA advisory panel that convened in January may have long-lasting effects on the practice of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in the United States. The meeting included...