Archives for Electroconvulsive Therapy
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Anxiety Over Prostate Cancer Diagnosis May Lead to Over-treatment
- Quitting, Cutting Back on Cocaine May Reverse Coronary Artery Disease
- Kids may Put On More Weight When Parents See Them as Overweight
- Deadly Thoughts Can Spur Deadly Crimes
- Assessing Global Toll of Drinking During Pregnancy
- Older Online Daters Less Fussy About Intellectual Match
Whether you do ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) or not, and research indicates that less than 8% of you actually perform it (Hermann et al, Am J Psychiatry 1998; 155:889-894), you...
Many articles about electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) begin with a statement about ECT’s stature as the most effective treatment for serious depression1; the statement is a reminder to the reader...
The recommendations of the FDA advisory panel that convened in January may have long-lasting effects on the practice of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in the United States. The meeting included...