Archives for September, 2011
Patients with chronic pain and head injury frequently have comorbid anxiety and depressive disorders, with depressive disorders appearing to be more predominant.
To Americans over 30, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter are buzzwords that lack much meaning. But to those born between 1982 and 2001—often referred to as “millennials” or “Generation...
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Anxiety Over Prostate Cancer Diagnosis May Lead to Over-treatment
- Quitting, Cutting Back on Cocaine May Reverse Coronary Artery Disease
- Kids may Put On More Weight When Parents See Them as Overweight
- Deadly Thoughts Can Spur Deadly Crimes
- Assessing Global Toll of Drinking During Pregnancy
- Older Online Daters Less Fussy About Intellectual Match
If you’re considering going into private practice, it’s always smart to talk to other clinicians who have been there. When I opened my practice years ago, I had very...
The delivery of mental health care via electronic devices—also called telemental health—has gradually become an established alternative to improve access to mental health services. Telemental health services routinely include...
Blood tests for schizophrenia and for depression designed to augment current diagnostic approaches have attracted increased attention at recent major scientific meetings.