Archives for June, 2012
The risk of breast cancer recurrence related to some SSRI antidepressants interacting with and reducing the effectiveness of tamoxifen was quantified in 2 epidemiological studies.
Rather than striving to halt, delay, or reverse disease progression or provide a cure, the goal of palliative care is to prevent and relieve suffering and to improve quality...
Patients who seek treatment for anxiety disorders often have problems with alcohol or drug abuse and are otherwise at an increased risk for developing such problems.
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Study Aims for Sweet Spot of Teens’ Screen Time
- Depression + Health Issues = Problem Drinking in Older Adults
- Cardio in Old Age May Boost Brain Health
- Anxiety Over Prostate Cancer Diagnosis May Lead to Over-treatment
- Quitting, Cutting Back on Cocaine May Reverse Coronary Artery Disease
- Kids may Put On More Weight When Parents See Them as Overweight
As the population of the United States ages, dementia and all its sequelae are becoming an ever-growing challenge for health care systems. In the United States, million people...
In Sybil Exposed,1 author Debbie Nathan evaluates the events presented in the 1973 book Sybil,2 by Flora Rheta Schreiber, about a young woman in treatment for her multiple personalities.