Call it group therapy for therapists. Connect with other like-mined therapists in my closed Facebook group and share resources, ideas, practice building tools, successes and failures. Must be a licensed mental health therapist or therapist in training be added to the group.
- If you’re not familiar with Facebook groups, you’ll have to join as your personal profile. Unfortunately, at this point you can’t participate as your Facebook practice page.
- Your posts in the group will not show up in your other Facebook friend’s newsfeeds, even though it may show up on your feed.
- As you get to know other therapists in the Facebook group it’s OK to be selective in who you add as a “friend” to your personal profile. There’s no pressure to add anyone in the group as a “friend” on your personal profile.
- My goal in creating the group is to have a fun and supportive forum to share ideas with each other in a more dynamic way than just through blog comments.
- I’ll post articles from this Private Practice Toolbox blog in the Facebook group so we can discuss them. Feel free to post helpful practice building resources that you find with the group, too.
I’m looking forward to talking with you! So, what are you waiting for?
See you in the Private Practice Toolbox Facebook Group
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
Hanks, J. (2012). Therapist Roll Call: Join Private Practice Toolbox Facebook Group. Psych Central. Retrieved on August 29, 2014, from http://pro.psychcentral.com/private-practice/2012/01/therapist-roll-call-join-private-practice-toolbox-facebook-group/
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 11 Jan 2012