The physical “space” you work in says a lot about you. Does your office space appeal to your ideal client? Does it speak about your tastes and preferences? Would you be willing to give other shrinks a tour of your office? Why or why not?
Every time a new client comes into my office they comment on my denim couch. It feels cozy and casual, which is how I want my clients to feel when they’re in my office. The color scheme of the office decor coincides with our logo and website colors…and that’s no accident.
I thought it would be fun to peek into the offices of private practitioners to share ideas and get inspiration. So, if you’re willing to let the world (or the readers of this blog) see YOUR office space follow these simple step.
- Take a brief video tour of your waiting area and office (2 minutes or less). You can do this with your iPhone or camera phone.
- In the video please introduce yourself and tell us what you love about your office space.
- Upload your video to your Youtube channel and set it as “unlisted.” If you don’t have a Youtube channel, it’s time you set one up.
- Title your video “Office Tour: [your practice name]”
- Email me the video link here. Include in the email your name, location, practice name, website link.
I’ll feature different office videos in upcoming blog posts with your practice name and website link (this is a free PR opp for your practice & a good excuse to set up a Youtube channel). You’ll also be able to embed this video on your own website so potential clients can see inside your office before they meet with you.
Ready, set, go…
Here’s a peek into my therapy office Wasatch Family Therapy. I hired a professional to shoot and edit this. Don’t worry – your video doesn’t have to have music and slick editing
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
Hanks, J. (2014). Therapist Roll Call: Can We Peek Inside Your Office, Please?. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 28, 2015, from http://pro.psychcentral.com/private-practice/2012/02/therapist-roll-call-can-we-peek-inside-your-office-please/
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 30 Sep 2014