Finding high quality and credible autism resources for parents can be overwhelming. There is so much information online through a google search or even on social media that it can be difficult to know what to really look into and what information to trust.
There are autism resources for parents that are developed by caring and education professionals who understand autism and who are dedicated to helping families influenced by autism.
We will go over some autism resources for parents that you may find helpful below:
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- ABA Parent Training Membership Program
- Online Autism Training Opportunities
- Local Autism Services (this is a new and developing resource)
HELPFUL AUTISM RELATED ARTICLES
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? Parent Handout
- 11 Social Skills for Teens with ASD
- Brain Anatomy of Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Part 1 of 3)
- Restricted, Repetitive Behaviors in ASD Population & Automatic Reinforcement
- 14 Possible IEP Accommodations for Students with Autism & ADHD
- Life Skills for Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 5 Ted Talks About Autism Spectrum Disorder
It can be challenging to know where to start when trying to find autism resources for parents. However, looking at some of the resources in the above list can help give you some direction.