ABOUT HEATHER GILMORE:
Heather Gilmore, MSW, LLMSW, BCBA. Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Social Worker, Freelance Writer, Mother of Three.
Heather has obtained a master’s degree in clinical social work and a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a youth services minor. Heather is currently practicing as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst working with children with autism spectrum disorder. Heather is also a freelance writer specializing in parenting and personal health and wellness. Heather takes interest in topics related to parenting, children, families, personal development, health and wellness, applied behavior analysis, happiness, and life coaching.
ABOUT THIS BLOG:
This blog is about the thoughts, insights, feelings, and ideas of Heather Gilmore mostly from her perspective of being a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) and social worker. This blog will include things such as
- research related to applied behavior analysis (older posts included more play therapy and general counseling topics)
- applied behavior analysis (ABA) techniques (older posts included play therapy techniques)
- observations and insights from my experience working with families and kids
- how ABA applies to everyday life
- experiences related to recently completing grad school and tips for those still in college
- recommendations for clinicians in the field of ABA or human services
- tips for parents and the non-therapist (i.e. the typical parent looking for some useful information)
- and more
Freelance writing inquiries:
Click here to contact Heather if you would like to receive her freelance writing services.