Comments on
Play Therapy Tips for Children with Autism

Children with an autism spectrum disorder can benefit from a number of different treatment modalities. Applied Behavior Analysis is an evidence-based approach to helping children with Autism grow and develop. Additionally, many play-based methods can also benefit children with Autism.

7 thoughts on “Play Therapy Tips for Children with Autism

• January 20, 2015 at 8:22 pm

thanks for the ideas…..small steps break the comfort zone n enlarge it….expand the mind n the mind will expand the mystery ……One Love

• February 3, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts. I agree…small steps do help expand the comfort zone. Well said.

• July 20, 2016 at 9:45 am

I like your tips about doing new things with the toys and increasing interaction. My nephew has autism and it’s always a challenge for me to interact with him since we don’t see each other often. I think your ideas that use slow and gentle means to add new things would be a great way to get us distant family members closer to him. Thanks for the tips!

• November 23, 2016 at 9:37 am

This is a great article. It’s hard to know what else I could add to it – you’ve covered so many good points.
    I’ve found going slowly to be really important, and staying open to the unexpected. Sometimes we fall into the trap of looking only for certain outcomes being achieved, and we may miss other small and subtle developments along the way.

• November 29, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Thank you for the positive comment. I really appreciate it. Going slowly is very important..I totally agree. Also staying open to the unexpected is a helpful tip, as well. It is important to identify strengths and small changes even if they aren’t the big outcomes we originally planned for. Thanks again for your insight.

• January 1, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Hi Heather

I have been studing ABA and I Like how you used the 7 dimentions GET A CAB would it be okay to used this In my write up.

kindly