Comments on
What Is a Narcissist?

The word “Narcissist” has its origins in Greek mythology. Around 8 A.D., there is a story about a beautiful hunter named Narcissus who was exceptionally proud. In order to expose…

6 thoughts on “What Is a Narcissist?

• November 16, 2016 at 8:55 am

How about publishing something about vulnerable type narcissists pls?

• November 18, 2016 at 6:25 am

Not exactly but some similar traits. . I did read your article you referenced. I’ e read reference to “vulnerable” type in some peer material, some of it from Australia. It was described as resulting more from protecting the ego when there was emotional neglect, or the child always rec’d criticism & never praise, was never given a sense of self worth.

• March 4, 2017 at 5:06 pm

I think this explanation is too simplified and overlooks many behaviors that are more specific. it took me a long time to figure out what was going on with my 4 year boyfriend and I believe this is partially why. I had no idea what was going on and everywhere I looked or book I read was not specific enough to detect narcissism as the problem.
    Blaming, never wrong, never apologizes, never puts in any effort toward the relationship, the way in which they lead you on and then dump you tragically in the worst possible way. The gas lighting, making you doubt your own sanity.
    Those were the things that I needed to know.

• March 5, 2017 at 4:57 am

The definition is taken straight from the DSM-V which is the diagnostical manual for all disorders. It is from the APA and used by all health professionals.