8 thoughts on “An Interesting Mix: Male Borderline Personality Disorder

• May 23, 2017 at 5:48 am

Christina, you are so right. Because it looks like so many other possibilities, it can be difficult to pin down what’s going on, or to know how to be in a relationship with this person. Thanks for the wisdom.

• March 26, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Succinct and well written. But most importantly, absolutely dead-on. I spent many years dealing with various diagnoses, trying to quell one dysfunctional behavior after another and finally a therapist was open to a male with borderline personality disorder and the real work began. It is good to read an article specific to this issue, but I truly wish more research (and treatment options) existed for this population. Thanks for the article!

• April 25, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Overall a good article. I do take exception with the characterization of female borderlines as being more “emotionally intelligent” than their male counterparts. The author conveniently overlooks the fact that men tend to exhibit physical aggression while women tend to utilize relational aggression instead. I suspect that the author is well aware of this but is simply attempting to misdirect the reader in an attempt shift attention away from problematic behavior in borderline females. This is likely due to the fact that she also suffers from the disorder.

• May 17, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Christine Hammond I was diagnosed with Aspergers at three and recently have been taking cbt after a suicide attempt and while haven’t received a diagnosis, my therapist has said I’m borderline and I’m male and your description is accurate to my behaviour, I’m impulsive I’ve had a lot of unprotected anonymous sex and I drink heavily, my temper is really severe I flip easily at others I have a rollercoaster temperament and I get really paranoid about my friends leaving me. I cry most days and there are times where I just want to end it all but then get a rush of euphoria, it’s exhausting.