5 thoughts on “How a Child Becomes a Narcissist

• July 12, 2017 at 9:43 am

I’ve been wanting to read this theme for awhile. A woman with a leading role in my hubbys family has some “n” traits and I’ve always wanted to know how did she become this way….Thank you as some of the explanations of why ring true in the little I know of her childhood.

• July 27, 2017 at 10:13 am

I feel I have lost my children to narcissism. Their father is a NPD. I kicked him out after 34 years of marriage and little did I know the now adult children blame me. They have chosen to shun me and treat me like I’m in “time out”. I have come to the realization that their behavior is very narcissistic and I will not allow them to treat me like that. So I am on my own. At 62 it’s very scary and don’t know how to move forward, I dedicated my life to my family and raising good kids and now I am left all alone. I suffer from depression and PTSD of which they never would acknowledge. I’m not sure what to do next. I can not and will not go back to that kind of life.

• July 30, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Sorry Christine I didn’t mean to leave the same comment on this post as well! But this one is also great 🙂