6 thoughts on “7 Reasons Why Narcissists Love People Pleasers

• January 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I am a people pleaser in a 3 year relationship with a narcissist. I’ve been aware of our struggles for several years and have finally reached the point where I am recognizing the dysfunctional aspect of our relationship. I love him…will probably always love him, but know that we are not good together. After reading this article (several times over the last few days…) I know that if I value my happiness, I must make a break. I wish there was a happier future for us together, but after a bit of research, I realize that neither of us are likely to change … I would love to hear from other couples in this situation who have made it work for them.

• January 18, 2016 at 11:06 pm

What if being în a marriage with a nacissist makes you become, in time, a people pleaser, without even noticing it … How could one get out of it and get at least near to the person they were before?

• January 19, 2016 at 7:38 am

Great question. Usually it is best to see a therapist who specializes in working with personality disorders. They can guide you to returning you back to you.

• March 28, 2016 at 11:50 am

I am convinced this happened to me. I am a people pleaser and know it. I went to an AA meeting several years ago and met someone (that I should have avoided) who acted like he knew everything and had all the answers. I spent the next four years being physical and emotionally abused…I still have nightmares about what happened. I have punished myself without mercy wondering how I ever got involved with someone like that but now I get it. I totally get it. Thanks for tis article…