8 thoughts on “Stop the Cycle of Abuse: Countering the Narcissistic Rant

• May 13, 2015 at 3:05 pm

In the six years I was with my husband.He was always a kind loving man. Then for a week he would come home very angry. He then told me I had to leave. So I did. He hasn’t been the same since. I’ve had a very hard time with him. I ruined everything and it’s all my fault.
    This sounds like him. How do they become like this and how did I not see this coming?

• May 13, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Sometimes something happens that triggers the behavior. The best thing is to get some guidance from a counselor.

• July 1, 2015 at 12:14 am

Narcissists don’t do normal. They only thrive when there is chaos and conflict. If there isn’t any, they will find a way to create it! When your peace no longer depends on their behavior, that is when you learn to break the cycle!

• July 13, 2018 at 11:24 am

#4: in chess game one can win or at least not lose by playing defensively entire game.
    #5 & #7: to use chess analogy, a player should take time before each move in every game. It doesn’t matter who the opponent is.
    #3 & #8: There are team tournaments in chess. Instead of playing against a narcissist, why not join the team and help each other win? No matter how bad the narcissist is, he/she will definitely appreciate a strong teammate. The narcissist desires to win really badly. Why not use this desire to help your team? Why not enjoy the game instead of complaining about having to play against a narcissist?

• August 26, 2018 at 12:09 pm

This article has helped me immensely.