8 thoughts on “How Sociopaths Deceive Others

• July 13, 2016 at 2:44 am

Bang on! Couldn’t be anymore perfect….! The poor victim is just left shocked, maybe stranded and hopelessly tries to decode the sociopath.

• August 8, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Does the sociopath know exactly what she/he is doing or is all on a subconscious level. Just asking because. This describes my ex perfectly.

• August 8, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes. I have known sociopaths who do this method with intention and others who do it without ever realizing why they do things this way. It is a matter of how self-aware a person is.

• August 10, 2016 at 6:48 am

Yes i actually do share some of these traits , I’m very good at mimiking emotions when needs be and i do lack empathy and yes i do sometimes tell people a one sided story of me to make them feel sorry for me. However i don’t exploit people , or target people. I’m not a sociopath in the slightest i’m sick of mental illness being stigmatized. There isn’t much treatment for personality disorders , yet people continue to demonize them. I’ve become this way through enviromental factors , and antidepressants fucked up my brain chemistry… I’ve realised now , that trying to be emotional again won’t work ; what should i do .. Tell everyone , about this my family , my friends so they will change their perspective about me and hate me. I’m going to try and actually get diagnosed via a psychiatrist and see if i can be actually helped. I wish i was normal but i’m not , and i’ve got to make the best out my situation.

• April 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm

out of curiosity i would like to know why being diagnosed a sociopath isn’t always best. is this due to honing in on skills/deceit more efficiently?