As a therapist, you are constantly developing your knowledge and honing your skills. I don’t think there is a time when we are complacent. Each new client we work with brings new challenges and encourages our own growth.
One of the ways we develop is through attending conferences and trainings. Unlike virtual trainings, this gives you more of a hands-on experience with your learning and the value of a community.
When you are choosing a conference or training, you want to be clear on a few things first:
–Who will I learn from? Surrounding yourself from top-notch researchers and experts is key.
–What knowledge will I gain? Look at the key points in what the training will teach you.
–How does this contribute to my growth as a therapist and the vision for my private practice? As you build your expertise, focus some or the majority of your trainings on your niche.
Recently, we were invited to sponsor The Summit, a Gottman Institute training featuring the Gottmans, Dr. Linehan, Dr. Eckman, Dr. Tedeschi, and Dr. Levenson.
The Summit is a powerful 2-day event includes videos of trauma surfacing in session; practical interventions; interactive tools; experiential audience participation; and cutting-edge information on:
- The Science Behind Emotion: Learn to detect and respond to concealed micro- and mini-expressions of emotion as they unfold in session
- The Dynamics of Emotion: Understand how physiology, genetics, aging, and emotion impact one another
- Practical Interventions: Learn how to incorporate trauma treatment approaches into your clinical work right away. Uncover the insights and skills needed to help the most challenging clients – those troubled by suicidal tendencies, personality disorders and high conflict relationships
- Post-Traumatic Growth: Help clients understand and reduce traumatic suffering, as well as find deeper meaning and purpose from their suffering
- Interdisciplinary Approaches: Learn how to effectively integrate DBT and trauma work with Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Plus if we have more registrants through our coupon code than the other sponsors, we will get to interview the Gottmans! And of course, we will share that interview with you here.
What trainings are you attending and how did you decide what was best for you?