3 thoughts on “Guest Blog: Working With Suicide Loss: A Clinician/Survivor’s Perspective

• November 21, 2014 at 8:59 am

Gretchen, thank you for sharing your experiences, as well as your knowledge about suicide bereavement. I found your recommendations to be very helpful. Kelly & Miranda, thank you for offering a guest blog on such an important and poorly understood subject.

• November 21, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Thank you for such a great synopsis of the SOS grief. As a SOS (brother, 1987) myself I recognize many of those trends from our family’s mourning. As a therapist, having lived through this gives us special ability to help others who are SOSes.

• November 21, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Gretchen, thank you so much for this post. I have often thought of working with other survivors, although my practice has gone in another direction. I too lost both a brother, and then a father to suicide. I was seriously emotionally ill at the time and became much worse after the suicides. Many years later, when I became a psychotherapist, I did not know if I could work with suicidal people but discovered an inner strength and determination to help. This is indeed a very misunderstood subject. Thank you again.