6 thoughts on “Bridging the Gap – Moving into Full Time Private Practice

• January 20, 2015 at 6:59 pm

In the last 6 months, I’ve learned so much from these women and men- so many things I only Wish I had known in the beginning. All I know now (after 25 years of practice!) is that there is so much more to learn. The Most important lesson- is to do what makes my heart sing, there are people who are seeking and need what I am uniquely experienced and qualified to offer. Many thanks and I can’t wait to see what you all are going to do next!

• January 20, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Stacey- we are all so lucky to have you as a part of our community! I’m so glad you became a part of Business School Bootcamp! I LOVE watching how your business is transforming!

• January 21, 2015 at 12:04 am

This is a wonderful article. For most of us (therapists) by the time we venture into private practice, we have many years of education and experience. However, opening your own business is always a leap of faith. Business skills are generally not taught in graduate school for Psychology, Marital and Family Therapy, or Social Work. I also chose a time in my life where the transition worked well for me. I really enjoy it.

• January 21, 2015 at 6:54 pm

This is so helpful!! I love hearing the stories and valuable tips from you Kelly!!

• February 1, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Oh Boy does this resonate with me! I am definitely the type that needs to remove the safety net. I will circle and circle and circle around the idea of opening my practice but can’t make forward movement until I’m in a position where I am forced to figure it out and make decisions. I’ve thought of setting a quit date so that I can mentally prepare to make that move.