8 thoughts on “A Message For All Private Practice Owners

• September 11, 2014 at 11:47 am

Kelly,
    I love this easy to use formula for speaking to the people who I can be most effective with as a therapist. The emphasis on knowing who I work well with plus understanding my unique value as a talented therapist helps me to speak clearly to my prospective clients.

Thanks for all your hard work, keep the articles coming!
    Colleen King, LMFT

• September 11, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Great ideas here that I’d wish I’d read PRIOR to creating my site, but so happy to gain your guidance here! Thanks for creating amazing content for new therapists and those of us kickstarting our existing practices!

• September 11, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Again, great info. So simple and yet so easy to overlook!

• September 12, 2014 at 12:14 am

I can’t tell you how much this information changed my practice. Knowing my value as a therapist is not often discussed – let alone encouraged. Thank you so much for all the great information!!!

• September 12, 2014 at 11:17 am

So true, really ‘digging in’ to this formula has helped me to feel so confident about what I really offer and helps me to connect as early as possible to the clients I work best with. Thanks!

• September 12, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Glad to see you’ve kickstarted on PsychCentral and thank you so much for all of content, wisdom, and enthusiasm for budding practice-preneurs!! Identifying a focused and compelling practice passion is hard enough to start with, and THEN there’s how to put your best foot forward in your message!! Thank you for guiding me in communicating my passion for helping ‘love-stuck’ couples and individuals who feel romantically disconnected and at wit’s end to become emboldened emotional explorers, communication ninjas, and paragons of positive partnership.

With gratitude and best wishes from Atlanta,
    Jared DeFife, PhD

• March 10, 2015 at 6:11 pm

My message is long and I’ve been working to make it more clear and to the point. Here’s what I’ve got:

My client’s come to me because they are struggling to find balance between caring for their families and taking care of themselves. My client’s often feel overwhelmed by the demands of being a mom and a partner, feel guilty for not meeting the expectation of being the “perfect parent”, feel over worked, are missing the connection they had with their partner, are experiencing a loss of identity, and are frustrated with how the realities of parenting are not matching what they dreamed parenting would be. My client’s leave with a clear picture of how they want change to occur in their life and with the skills and tools to implement lasting change. My client’s have reclaimed their strength and identify and have a plan for how to better care for themselves and as a result feel better able to meet the demands of being a mom and a partner.

• January 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Very insightful article chock full of great advice. You just saved me from writing a mundane profile that just focuses on facts and not feelings. Your tips have let me see my profile from my client’s point of view. Thanks!