Anorexia nervosa (AN) is a serious psychiatric condition with a prevalence estimated at to among adolescent females aged 15 to 19 years.1 Comorbid psychological conditions are also common in patients...
America is a Xanax nation according to a report just posted on . Of the more than 250 million prescriptions written for psychiatric drugs in 2009 in this country, Xanax is the by far most popular. Nearly 50 million prescriptions were written for this benzodiazepine or its generic form last year. Runners up for the top spot include Ambien, Lexapro, Zoloft, and...
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Life Helper: Don’t Make Major Decisions When Hungry
- Teens’ Sleep Patterns Tied to Obesity Risk
- Childhood Trauma Linked to Early Motherhood, Poor Health in Middle Age
- Positive Childhood Experiences May Impact Long-Term Health More Than the Bad Ones
- Exercising at Home Can Benefit Parkinson’s Patients
- Acetaminophen While Pregnant Linked With Difficult Childhood Behaviors
Consider these 2 scenarios:Dr Get-Ahead applies for a junior faculty position at a mid-tier academic department of psychiatry. He lists 12 presentations at national conferences on his curriculum vitae. He already has...