- cited on http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2016/05/17/is-physician-assisted-suicide-right-for-severe-psychiatric-disorders/
- Starks H, Dudzinski D, White N: Physician Aid-in-Dying. Ethics in Medicine. https://depts.washington.edu/bioethx/topics/pad.html
- Lewis P: Assisted dying: What does the law in different countries say? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-34445715]
- Harper T: Call for assisted dying for our young will prove most emotional,
- MMS Physicians Reaffirm Opposition to Physician-Assisted Suicide December 3, 2011 http://www.massmed.org/News-and-Publications/MMS-News-Releases/MMS-Physicians-Reaffirm-Opposition-to-Physician-Assisted-Suicide/]
- Dugan A: In U.S., Support Up for Doctor-Assisted Suicide. http://www.gallup.com/poll/183425/support-doctor-assisted-suicide.aspx
- Craig A, Cronin B, Eward W et al: Attitudes toward physician‐assisted suicide among physicians in Vermont. J Med Ethics. 2007 Jul; 33(7): 400–403 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2598148/
- Pies R: Physician-Assisted Suicide: Why Medical Ethics Must Sometimes Trump the Patient’s Choice. http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/10/07/physician-assisted-suicide-why-medical-ethics-must-sometimes-trump-the-patients-choice/
- Pies R: Merciful Assistance or Physician-Assisted Killing?
- Pies R: Physician-Assisted Dying for Adolescents With Intractable Mental Illness? http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/suicide/physician-assisted-dying-adolescents-intractable-mental-illness
- Moloney T W, Paul B: The consumer movement takes hold in medical care. Health Affairs.10, no.4 (1991):268-279 http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/10/4/268.full.pdf
- Dhand S, Carbone WJ: Physicians are not providers: An open letter to the AMA and medical boards. http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2015/11/physicians-are-not-providers-an-open-letter-to-the-ama-and-medical-boards.html]
- Zimmer S: Comment. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/844541#vp_3
- Mohammed SF, Montori VM: Making Decisions With, Not for, Patients.
Medscape, May 19, 2015 http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/844541
- Szasz T: Fatal Freedom. Syracuse University Press, 1995.
- Wanzer S, Glenmullen J: To Die Well: Your Right to Comfort, Calm, and Choice in the Last Days of Life. Da Capo Press, 2008
- Roberts Y: Foggy guidelines won’t help the dying. The Guardian, Sept. 23, 2009. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/sep/23/assisted-suicide-dpp-guidelines
For Further Reading:
Battin MP, van der Heide A, Ganzini L, van der Wal G, Onwuteaka-Philipsen BD: Legal physician-assisted dying in Oregon and the Netherlands: evidence concerning the impact on patients in “vulnerable” groups. J Med Ethics. 2007 Oct;33(10):591-7.
Finlay IG, George R. Legal physician-assisted suicide in Oregon and The Netherlands: evidence concerning the impact on patients in vulnerable groups–another perspective on Oregon’s data. J Med Ethics. 2011 Mar;37(3):171-4. Epub 2010 Nov 11.
Ganzini L, Goy ER, Miller LL et al. Nurses’ Experiences with Hospice Patients Who Refuse Food and Fluids to Hasten Death. N Engl J Med 2003; 349:359-365 Accessed at: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa035086