Archives for Substance Abuse
Journaling is a powerful tool for healing from childhood trauma and toxic relationships. Once you make the decision to begin the healing process from a toxic or abusive relationship,...
Healing from an Addiction (to a Person, Behavior or Substance): Know the Psychological Set-ups for Relapse
What are some of the thoughts and personal self-defeating beliefs that contribute to relapse from addictions? Here is an overview of some common pitfalls that addicts fall into, psychologically,...
From Our News Bureau - Updated daily!
- Study Discovers Brain Adapts to Biological Risk of Bipolar Disorder
- Smoking Linked to Frailty in Older Adults
- Teletherapy as Effective as In-Person Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
- Anti-Drinking Campaigns Aimed at Young People Often Backfire
- Young People with Chronic Illness Three Times More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Eye Contact Influences Child Anxiety
I tend to work with addicts, alcoholics, abusers, and abuse victims. Often, others are not quite sure what some of the typical symptoms are of some of the most...