6 thoughts on “Father-Daughter Emotional Incest

• May 4, 2017 at 4:18 pm

After I married in my thirties, my father treated my husband wonderfully. Really tried to bond with him. But Dad treated me like CRAP! If my husband hugged me, Dad would be staring in the opposite direction, his face twitching and grimacing with rage. If I tried to give Dad a hug, he acted like I had the plague. Could barely bring himself to give me an awkward, A-from hug. when I asked Mom about it, she admitted, and I quote, “Oh, he’s just having trouble adjusting to his little girl being married.” Little girl?!? I was 31! Here’s what it was like to live thru this pain and confusion.

• May 4, 2017 at 10:03 pm

An unwise, naive action on her part would have landed her in a terrible situation after the suggestive remark, causing emotional turmoil for the rest of her life.
    What a sick man.

• September 15, 2018 at 9:32 am

I have been married for two years and have a 21 years old stepdaughter that I adore. However ; my husband and her have something together that I find very disturbing. They have no problem in showering naked in front of each other . He walks around naked in front of her as if it’s normal. Their daily bathroom routine is usually without any boundaries . He insists that if she is visiting for a week he needs to sleep with her in her room for two nights as they like to watch funny movies together alone . They close the door. He says that she complaints about not having “ alone father daughter “ time so he goes to live with her for few days in Canada . Other people have noticed the way he talks about his own daughter with terms like I will drink her juice until satisfied , it’s crinching. I have objected to this behavior but for obvious reasons feel guilty of when he says I am sick to object to it. It’s note worthy that he never got along with her mother and left her mother for a married woman . He neglected his own daughter for the longest time visiting her only occasionally but the woman he loved didn’t cooperate to marry him and he was forced to let go he noticed his daughter who came to live with him for two months because her mom was moving to Canada . By that time she was 17 years old and blossomed into a very pretty girl . They developed this sort of bond that time. Later he found me and we married but he is constantly obsessing over her. Giving her everything she needs . She has a boy friend too but that behavior of sleeping together getting naked in front of each other and insisting to have time out continues . I really like my step daughter but worry about both their mental health . This is such a relationship that I can’t voice much objection.

• October 5, 2018 at 8:23 am

Wake up! Something is going on right under your nose and you are being gaslighted by your ex.

Don’t blame your stepdaughter. She is very much the victim. Your husband probably “conditioned” her from when she was just a child and don’t forget, he is the one holding the reigns over both of you.

Unfortunately, father’s rights groups and cult like groups like the AFCC push false information and claims that even sexual abuse victims still love and want to be with the abusive parent. It’s just not true. Victims may be drawn to their abuser (trauma bonding), but it’s not love and it’s not healthy for her to have any continued contact with him.

As for you, you are his cover, his facade. Trust your instincts and run. It’s better to be alone that be part of this very sick behavior.

• December 10, 2018 at 3:08 pm

I recently found out that my husband sister was raped by her father for 8 years when she was younger. This man lives and my house…… It is also something that their mother knew was going on in the home. He also beat up my husband daily when he was a child. My question is how do you heal from this?????? We cannot even look at this person and I’m trying to figure out where to go from here at this point. I also need advice on if forgiveness is even an option.

• December 11, 2018 at 12:45 am

I think it’s ridiculous that people stay in contact with their father after he’s raped someone; and even worse when that someone is a child or family member. You can heal from anything. I believe forgiveness is essential for healing, but comes later, after all emotions have been processed through. Why should you ever look at this person again? Even if you do forgive him? As Dr. Laura would say, “He tore up his parent card.” Give yourself and your husband permission to move on and have a good life.