3 thoughts on “Healing from Parental Neglect

• February 12, 2018 at 12:17 am

Good stuff! Lots of great reading out there on these issues. Compassion for one’s self is essential.

• February 13, 2018 at 10:20 am

It’s never too late to have a Happy Childhood. How well I learned and experienced that!!
    AND– I “adopted” my best friend’s mother to be my Motherly role model when I was 5. How kind and sweet Ruth was!! She never knew what was going on in my family — even though we lived two doors apart. When she found out — YEARS later, how she cried. She doted on me until the day she died, and I love and miss her still. Two years later, Universe must have known I needed another “mother” because Brenda came into my life– her daughter became my adult best friend and HOW Brenda DOTED on me!!! I felt so loved!!! Sadly, Brenda died last year, and even grown “usually-serious” men cried at her funeral — I still miss both of these wonderful “mothers”. But I learned something, as a little child– We belong to the “family of ManKIND” and yes THAT family IS very kind!!! I am grateful for the love shown to me by people who have no family ties to me — because if that had not happened, I would probably be dead or in jail by now. As for my mother — 25 years after she died I finally found myself missing her. When she was good she WAS a good mother — but her brutality left a terrible mark on her family.

• February 19, 2018 at 3:40 am

Thanks for the article about neglect. It is about my life. And I am learning healing my child within. It is the best most successful way that works for me. Thanks again